What is Beauty?
Ayurveda teaches us that beauty is achieve by learning to live a balanced life and the glow and vibrance that you see on someone face and skin is the true beauty that glows from within.
The ancient Ayurvedic secrets of beautiful hair and skin are revealed in this 4 part workshop. According to the 5,000-year-old philosophy of Ayurveda, the health of our hair and skin is a reflection of our internal balance. You’ll explore the definition of beauty from the perspective of this timeless holistic science, revealing the root cause of common hair and skin disorders as well as their solutions.
This course offers a variety of lifestyle and natural remedies for common hair and skin problems. We’ll introduce you to the traditional lifestyle recommendations and therapeutic methods for correcting the most common imbalances. Healing interventions include both internal and external applications using diet, herbs and nourishing special treatments.
- Awareness of the holistic definition of beauty according to Ayurveda’s science: mind, body and spirit
- Understand how lifestyle and environmental factors cause common skin and hair conditions
- How to evaluate and care for an individual’s unique skin type
- Ability to nourish hair and skin internally and externally using lifestyle, herbs and natural remedies
- Capacity to assess common skin complaints and hair imbalances
- How to prepare and apply natural Ayurvedic remedies for beautiful, healthy hair and skin
Part One -Hair Care
- Preparation and application of hair oil, natural shampoo and conditioner
- Ayurvedic remedies for hair problems – hairfall, dandruff, greying, split ends
- Protection of hair through “dhoomam”
- Do’s and don’ts for healthy hair
PART TWO-Face Care
- Preparation and application of face cleanse, face pack, toner, moisturizer
- Ayurvedic remedies for acne, skin blemishes, wrinkles, freckles, tags
- Marma points for radiant face
- Eye care – kajal making (ayurvedic eyeliner preparation)
- Lip care
PART Three- Body Care
- Ayurvedic exfoliation – recipes and practice
- Ayurvedic body sculpting
- Ayurvedic bathing techniques for beauty enhancement
- Remedies for cellulite, stretch marks, scars and rashes
- Ayurvedic approach to sunscreen
- Natural methods of reducing body hair
- Ayurvedic foot soak
- Remedies for cracks, fungal infections, corns and calluses
- Marmas on the feet for radiant healing